Welcome

Hello, and welcome to the official blog for Sally Slayer! Here you will find all sort of ramblings book related and caffeine induced. Hope you enjoy, and stay tuned for release dates for upcoming books!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Misbehaving Machines

I think I've already said how I was doing Camp Nanowrimo. Reworking a previous WIP that needed some help. I was writing along, updating my word count like a good girl, when I decided I needed to get off the laptop and switch to my desktop... Things were going great until I took a short break to update my word count again. I was short like 1,000 words! Apparently different word processor programs have different methods of calculating things like word counts, and it pretty much screwed my stuff up. :( So anyhow, I diligently began writing again, because let's face it that's what I do lol, and tada! Today I have made up the difference in word counts and come up ahead. (That's right...Go Sally...) I decided maybe it would be better to stick to just one or the other, and since I have Word (to go) on a flash drive I guess I'll be using that if I decide to switch back to my laptop. The first thing I need to do payday is buy Office...

Thought for the day: When making the decision to purchase a new computer, don't just assume it comes with Microsoft Office. Learned that one the hard way.

Hope everyone has a great day and Happy Reading Folks!

No comments:

Pin It